Today we sat down with Alex Abedi, The owner of Dust Chasers Quality Air Duct Cleaning Services and HVAC Hygiene in Toronto Canada, We were interested to gather some information in regards to Dryer Vent cleaning so here is what Alex Abedi had to say:
We live in a world where everything needs to be checked by an expert, for example let’s start with our health that is the reason why we check with a qualified doctor, to see if everything is fine with our eyes, heart, skin, etc. What about if we have a new/old vehicle, we need to have it checked by professional mechanic, the temperature, oil, water, liquid brakes, and so on.
Finally what about our home sweet home? Yes we need to check it as well and let me tell you why it is one of the most important things to do as we require the services of professional in residential dryer cleaning.
Why do I need a Residencential Dryer Vent Cleaning?
A very good question, Recently I sat down with Alex Abedi the owner of Dust Chasers quality air duct cleaning services and HVAC hygiene in greater Toronto area in regards to residential dryer vent cleaning, Alex Abedi added; there are 26,000 reported by the qualified safety departments (policemen, firemen, 911 service,etc) in an annual basis, incidents such as home fires related to laundry, electric dryers which are dangerous of fire due to the high voltage electric element involved in the process, hot element combined with fuel such as lint can be a powerful combination as well leading to total destructions and casualties as well, home chimney which caused a tremendous fire sometimes with people causalities.
Also when it comes to dryer vent cleaning :
A few things to keep in mind about Lint-coated dryer vents:
- Dryer lint is highly flammable always keep it in mind.
- Require a lot of energy consumption which lead a lot of money out of your pocket just to dry your clothes.
- This will cause unnecessary wear time life to your clothes dryer.
- Worst case scenario, this will pose a fire risk if not treated immediately.
- Most important to know is a Gas powered clothes dryers will vent their gases without further notice.
Could you please provide me with some safety guidance advises?
Absolutely!!! Allow me to share some important guidance below I will highlight some important tips to take into consideration which are:
- It’s recommended any laundry load to be dried at least in one cycle.
- Dryer duct must be as large as the dryer outlet for better results.
- Very important to use metal seam tape, this will secure dryer vent and avoid any issue.
- Don’t use rivets or screws as they will collect lint in a very fast way.
- Aluminum or galvanized pipe ducting should be rigid to avoid risk.
- Between dryer and duct it’s recommended the use of flexible and/or rigid metal pipe.
- Never use plastic vent as this will avoid damage.
- A good practice is vent dryer to outside.
- No recommended vent into basement or chimney.
- Keep in mind that outside termination must contain back draft and in case of having pets a guard is needed.
- Vent must be as short and straight as possible for better security reasons.
- Filters lint must be cleaned after every dryer load this will avoid dust or other bad accumulation.
Following up the golden rules, you are preventing any possible damage to your safety and the rest of the people around you, keep in mind we all like to breath a nice air, be warned in a comfortable chimney but, we must follow some instructions as well.
How much will I be charged?
To be honest and fair, I do not work in the industry, but I have seem prices being the lowest around $50 the highest at $300, however don’t get me wrong those are prices estimate, feel free to consult the yellow pages, search engine and word of mouth as well, but I would recommend to always check the background of the company, years in experience, attention to details, professionalism and the most important if they can do the job in a prompt and professional way, be safe everybody!!.